Monday, August 16, 2010

Rehearsal Dinner Invitations

The Evolution of an Invitation

I love making invitations for special events especially when it involves weddings! Last week I put together the invitations for my cousin's wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.
STEP 1: The Sketch
I started the sketch after going to the craft store and picking up some paper and stamps. I wanted to use cardstock for the background, print the text, add a couple of embossed stamps in the middle and decorate with patterned paper.
STEP 2: Trial and Error
I put the text together and did a few practice prints to make sure the spacing was correct. I ended up using less stamps than originally planned because I was afraid it would be tough to wrap the text around the stamps. Looking back, I think I would've been more daring and stuck to my original idea.
STEP 3: The Final Touches
After printing the text, I embossed the '&' with green powder, added the torn patterned paper to the top and bottom of the card. STEP 4: Pass 'Em On
Send these invites to guests about 3-4 weeks before big event to ensure that all the wedding party will be available to participate at the rehearsal.








No comments:

Post a Comment